Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's my latest finished project. this one was pretty simple. i changed the tires, saddle and bars and called it done. it's nice when they are quick and simple like that. i didn't even need to clean it. just dusted it off a bit. i wish they were all that simple.












 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,079 Posts
How high is that front derailleur? You know we'll be nit-picking :thumbsup:

Great looking - looks like it wants to race!
 

·
Dumpster Diver
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
Sweet ride Sky. I always wanted one of those. I remember when those came out, I was told they'd only be good for one season of hard racing. The tubeset was so thin that they would fatigue and then you were risking a frame failure. Isn't an MB-0 the same tubeset with lugs? Anyway, that's a beautiful bike.
 

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ssmike said:
How high is that front derailleur? You know we'll be nit-picking :thumbsup:

Great looking - looks like it wants to race!
yeah, i know. i should have fixed that before posting photos probably. i just need to dig around to find a Suntour XC-Pro derailleur before i waste my time tuning up the front derailleur. i have time. it seems i'm going to be off the mountain bike for a few weeks. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,079 Posts
Veloculture said:
yeah, i know. i should have fixed that before posting photos probably. i just need to dig around to find a Suntour XC-Pro derailleur before i waste my time tuning up the front derailleur. i have time. it seems i'm going to be off the mountain bike for a few weeks. :rolleyes:
Who needs pinkies anyway ;)
 

·
artistic...
Joined
·
7,608 Posts
wonderfull.. that bike is hypnotic.i remember the first time i saw pics of a comp23.. red, very similar. i was hooked.
all suntour.. didn't know ritcheys could be sold w/ suntour.
others mentioned the derr.. i find the stem a tad too long for the height of the saddle.
 

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
colker1 said:
wonderfull.. that bike is hypnotic.i remember the first time i saw pics of a comp23.. red, very similar. i was hooked.
all suntour.. didn't know ritcheys could be sold w/ suntour.
others mentioned the derr.. i find the stem a tad too long for the height of the saddle.
good eyes. i'll be on the look out for a 20cm shorter stem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
"good eyes. i'll be on the look out for a 20cm shorter stem."

It's your lucky day! I happen to have a negative 50mm stem right here. Negative 90 degree angle of course.
 

·
artistic...
Joined
·
7,608 Posts
Veloculture said:
good eyes. i'll be on the look out for a 20cm shorter stem.
firstflight has those ritchey stems.
 

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,650 Posts
Fantastic score. :thumbsup:

Much, much better than the original pictures would have suggested...

Suntour and Mavic on a Ritchey is pretty odd, but it'll do! :)

Is the rear a Mavic too?
 

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
colker1 said:
is it a 20in?
yeah, it's a 20". it's technically my size. now personally i ride bikes that are one size smaller than than i should be riding but with the slighly shorter stem i'll still have a good time on it. now to get my other 4 Ritchey projects finished. :cool:
 

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,650 Posts
Veloculture said:
yeah, it's a 20". it's technically my size. now personally i ride bikes that are one size smaller than than i should be riding but with the slighly shorter stem i'll still have a good time on it. now to get my other 4 Ritchey projects finished. :cool:
It seems utterly silly that I don't have a Ritchey in my collection right now. This thread isn't helping.
 

·
artistic...
Joined
·
7,608 Posts
Veloculture said:
yeah, it's a 20". it's technically my size. now personally i ride bikes that are one size smaller than than i should be riding but with the slighly shorter stem i'll still have a good time on it. now to get my other 4 Ritchey projects finished. :cool:
ritcheys are cool to be ridden slightly bigger. at least that's what thomas frischnecht would do.. 20in was his size of choice. w/ a 130 stem. tomboy is 5'10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Rumpfy said:
It seems utterly silly that I don't have a Ritchey in my collection right now. This thread isn't helping.
I'll keep an eye out for any cracked Ritcheys :rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top