Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had seen in one of the threads that pop up on here that at one point there was a Prestige Logic fork. Just curious if that ever made it onto a Bridgestone or if they were all the same.

I am getting a MB-zip logic fork today and was just curious if it is any different than the ones that were on any of the MB-1s - MB-3s I have had over the years.

As a sideline question, I got a great deal on a MB-2 with a Koski fork so I grabbed it. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if rake wise, axle to crown wise etc the Koski and the Logics are interchangeable? Putting them side by side I don't see anything glaring but curious if there is something subtle.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
The '91 catalog lists the weight and and tubes for the forks on the the MB-0 thru MB-3 as being identical. So I'd assume that there is no difference in the forks. The '92 catalog has less detail, but presumably it's the same fork. In '93 and '94 the fork changed from a unicrown design to lugged for the MB-1 and MB-2. The forks on other models are different.

The Koski and Logic forks both have 40mm of offset. Not sure what the axel-to-crown measurements are, but they are likely interchangeable.

·
Registered
206 Posts
As a sideline question, I got a great deal on a MB-2 with a Koski fork so I grabbed it. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if rake wise, axle to crown wise etc the Koski and the Logics are interchangeable? Putting them side by side I don't see anything glaring but curious if there is something subtle.

Thanks in advance.
Only the size is going to keep it from being interchangeable.

After that it's personal preference. Mr. Bridgestone did not have you in mind when he designed that bike, he's just trying to sell as many as he can.

I like these old bikes with 90 - 100 stem, a set back post and a longer fork, but you might hate it.

That said, if you can't see a difference you're not going to feel it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Laffeaux. And yes, very familiar with the Crown fork. My original '93 had one that I bent in no time but I still have another '93 MB1 that I built for my mom and that still has that fork on it.

It is gorgeous, I just won't even ride it though because I know my fat a$$ would bend it in no time. :) I do think I would like to have one made one of these days that is similar in look and feel but that has the tubing spec'd thick enough to handle usage.......

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Babbalanja,

Those would make a decent replacement I bet. I am in good shape though, have a few extras around. Was more a curious question than anything because there are some subtle differences in the ones that I have. Some have a slight "lug" to the drop out, some are just a normal brazed fork and then there is the Koski I have too.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if this is any interest to anyone but myself, but seems that a '90 Zip fork at least may have been different. Shows in the catalogue that the Zip had a Triple Tapered Gauge fork where the others were simply a Logic fork.

Bridgestone Bicycle Catalogue 1990-08

The comparison chart shows it as being unique too.

Anyone know the differences? I have both so going to try them side by side and see if there is any difference in feel.....

·
Registered
719 Posts
Not sure if this is any interest to anyone but myself, but seems that a '90 Zip fork at least may have been different. Shows in the catalogue that the Zip had a Triple Tapered Gauge fork where the others were simply a Logic fork.

Bridgestone Bicycle Catalogue 1990-08

The comparison chart shows it as being unique too.

Anyone know the differences? I have both so going to try them side by side and see if there is any difference in feel.....

the '90 fork has a little detail down by the dropouts that the other forks don't have. the tubes look the same. give us a ride report!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts