Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Jekyll frame and am very limited on rear shock options. I've talked to the people at Cannondale and at Fox and found I could either get a Genesis set up for me or Fox can rebuild my shock and add pro pedal to it. Which would you do if given the choice? I lose about 1.3" of travel with the Genesis from 5.3 to 4.0" in the rear wheel, but I can live with that if the Gen seems like the better choice.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
I've owned both. The Float is smoother. Adding a mild propedal would give it a more firm feel pedaling and hitting smaller bumps. The Jekyll was pretty low in pedal bob already, maybe you don't need propedal added or just very mild propedal to reduce bump wallow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I decided to have it pushed. In about 2 or 3 weeks I'll try and let everyone know how it feels. I don't know about you derby, but my Jekyll is like riding a dolphin uphill. (I totally stole that simile.)

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
pointfiveoh said:
I decided to have it pushed. In about 2 or 3 weeks I'll try and let everyone know how it feels. I don't know about you derby, but my Jekyll is like riding a dolphin uphill. (I totally stole that simile.)
Great choice to go with PUSH tuning. They'll turn your dolphin ride into a shark!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.