Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for feedback on the Risse 888 flat crowns and found a bunch of older posts where people were pretty happy with them. Now that they have been out for 2+ years, anyone been running them for a while and have any issues? Inparticular cracking or slippage? I am finally getting around to possibly getting a pair but don't want to get a ticking timebomb if their walls are too thin, etc. Feedback appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
i had them for a year and a half and had no complaints.

there were 2 versions... the first version was terrible and was very weak/thin. second version has been fine. i believe the first run only lasted a few months, so i don't think you can even get those anymore.

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
I've also had them for a year and a half and have had no problems. They're on a 2005 888, VP Free used mainly at Diablo so it's been worked rather well.
No slipping and/or cracking. Made a major difference with the fork. I didn't think it would but it did.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I used them on my 04 888, way back when. Got the first batch where the steerers clamping point was WAY too thin. Called them up after seeing the newer version, sent them my old one and the sent me out the newer version for free. For the year I used the Risse, they worked perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.