Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,556 Posts
OP, you're on the wrong website for this type of question. You should go to npr.com (nasal procedures review) and ask the good folks over there.

·
Land of the 230+
2,569 Posts
Damn, tough crowd.

My guess is the OP was asking if anyone had the procedure and how it impacted their riding. I have a deviated septum that I've considered having repaired surgically, but ultimately have not gone through with it yet. I'm not familiar with perforation though, unless that is simply a possibly complication from the procedure or injury thereafter.

·
Robertson
1,032 Posts
OP, are you mixing up terms here? A perforated nasal septum means a hole in the wall dividing your left and right nasopharynx (nose passages). No straightening is done, instead it is patched and encouraged to heal up. A deviated nasal septum means the same wall is pushed more to one side than the other, which can cause breathing issues as it obstructs air flow and impedes the smooth drawing in of air through your nose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.