Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
The bikes are not comparable, they’re built for completely different types of riding.

The Ripmo is a long legged trail bike that can do Enduro racing. It’s a more like the evolution of the HD3, which could do Enduro racing but wasn’t really built for it.

The mega tower is more of a dh bike that can do Enduro racing. The best bike to compare a mega tower to is a Pivot Firebird 29”.

The Ripmo is more like a High tower than the mega tower.

Just my opinion, yours may vary.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Funny I am demoing the Megatower right now in XL and comparing it to Ripmo I have already demoed. I have about 4 rides now on it and have to say for the majority of my riding I prefer the Ripmo. It’s more nimble and pops a little better. Paint is more fragile on the Ripmo.

The MT is a quiet bike and the first Santa Cruz I have ever said that about, no creaks, chain slap noise, cable rattle, etc and this demo has some miles on it. I would say it climbs well almost as good as the Ripmo. I am having a hard time getting the suspension balanced front and rear on it. If I get the rear feeling good the front feels either too soft or too hard and vice versa and trying to dial out the front end pushing has been a challenge and why I am having a hard time balancing the two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.