Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ripmo V1 "flexy" lately

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Crossmaxx 
#1 ·
I tend to lean my bike to the absolute edge of grip and do a lot of counter directional steering and movement where I'm flexing the bike from one edge of a corner to the next.

Lately in the middle of pushing the bike through turns I've noticed a sort of loose/flexible sensation in the bike that sometimes feels as if the rear thru axle was loose. This is a 2019 Ripmo w/ 1800mi of riding. The Ibis Carbon 942 rear wheel was rebuilt by Industry Nine under warranty about a year ago, they replaced the original Torch hub with a Hydra. The rear tire is a Dissector and the front is a DHF, both in great condition.

What I've tried:

- The spokes feel evenly tensioned and when I pluck them there are probably only one or two 2x cross pairs that sound a half tone off.

- The pivot hardware is all tight and I just reinstalled the rear shock and yoke after rebuilding the DPX2 (everything with loctite or grease and proper torque per manual)

- I replaced all the bushings and upper link about a year ago and the rear moves through travel smoothly with no shock installed.

What I may try this weekend:
- I will try my spare wheelset that is a cheap OEM e13 wheelset with Assegai front and back. I'm wondering if this started when I put the Dissector on, my memory may be wrong in that I think I felt this when riding a DHR as well.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.