Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ibis increased the price of the GX model by $300 and decreased the price of the XT model by $100 (and now the XT also includes 12spd). Both models have exactly the same specs as the previous models. I spoke to the owner of my local Ibis shop and he didn’t get it either and seems to believe that now Ibis is trying to move more Shimano products. It doesn’t seem like the cost of SRAM drivetrains increased. Anyone have any thoughts or inside info on this?

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,827 Posts
I noticed this today with the DV9. The frameset price used to be $999, now it's $1,250.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ibis increased the price of the GX model by $300 and decreased the price of the XT model by $100 (and now the XT also includes 12spd). Both models have exactly the same specs as the previous models. I spoke to the owner of my local Ibis shop and he didn't get it either and seems to believe that now Ibis is trying to move more Shimano products. It doesn't seem like the cost of SRAM drivetrains increased. Anyone have any thoughts or inside info on this?
I noticed similar changes with Ripley4 pricing the other day. GX build went up by $500 compared to what I paid in June. The spec listed on the ibis website appeared exactly same as prior to increase. A few days later the GX build spec on the website had been updated with carbon bars included (previously had been upgrade on GX) & options for tires were different. The ripley4 frame is made in Vietnam so not sure if tariff concerns are impacting the increase. With the demand for the ripley & ripmo & what sound like long wait to take delivery, I wonder if some of it was adjustment based on that demand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.