Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ride On!
1,186 Posts
Would like to see one in olive/military green... but then again I am a Veteran :)

To be pragmatic, I'd like the flat black of the current color choices, had a flat black HD3 and it held up well and looked wicked, also, it was nice not to have to get pissed every time I crashed or hit something.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you have details on how you changed the green to blue?

My wife is getting the black soon and she is not thrilled with the green (does not hate it but would prefer something else.)

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's for sure a tricky area. I didn't get it quite perfect on mine, and ended up trimming some of the leftover stickers I didn't use to fill the gap. If you don't like how it came out, reach out to Richard. He might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes, they go right over the top of the factory paint/stickers. In regards to longevity, sure I have some reservations, but I don't plan on keeping the bike forever and it looks a million times better in my opinion than the factory colors. It was a risk I was willing to take.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
:madman:

Did you have any luck with the underside of the headtube? I worked on it for an hour last night, and I could not get it to form around the headtube.
no luck at all. i had to cut slits in the decal to pull them over the compound curves.

i suspect you need a heatgun and a very flexible material.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I spoke to Richard at Stikrd, and he gave me advice on the downtube application process. It required a hair dryer (on low) and a LOT of patience. I was able to get it formed around the headtube without cutting it, and was left with only one very small wrinkle. Heating the stickers made a HUGE difference. It was worth the effort, the stickers look amazing. I'm currently applying Invisiframe protection over the stickers, so I expect them to last a long time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.