Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 5'8" and bought a medium Ripmo about two months ago. When I'm seated, I feel a pressure (not unbearable) in my palms, which I take to mean that I'm too far forward. However, when I'm going downhill, I feel pressure towards the tops (not the tips) of my fingers, which I take to mean I'm too far back. So, I have two opposite problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Just a flesh wound
2,373 Posts
I am 5' 8" like you. I have a medium. I went with a 60mm stem and full stack (5 spacers) and the riser bar. It is an upright position, but I am very comfortable. I ditched the stock grips for the Ergon grips. They reduce pressure quite a bit.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I am 5'7" and on a medium. I went with a 60mm stem and so far no issues with hand pressures. My other bike a 2018 Specialized Epic with and 80 mm stem. That bike is longer from seat to bars than the Ripmo and is lower stack. I can feel I am more up right on the Rimpo. I get zero issues with hand pressure on my epic or my Ripmo. The Epic is 1 deg slacker Seat tube angle.

I have a longer inseam. This has a 185mm dropper and 4 spacers under the stem

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure I can be of much help. I'm 5'7" on a medium and am running the stock stem (55mm I think?). But I have a very short inseam (~28"). So I'm pretty good with the over all reach of the bike and run a 160mm dropper.

My wife is also on a medium but is only 5'4" with long legs (maybe 32" inseam?). So I think the medium can be the right bike for different people but for different reasons.

What is your inseam?

I do feel more pressure on the hands while riding flat trails (vs my old 26" Specialized) but the geometry of the 2 are so different I can't really compare. On climbs the ripmo just feels right with the forward position and on descents I'm out of the saddle most of the time.

When going downhill are you on the saddle when you feel this pressure?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.