Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I didn't think there was anything that would make me love my Ripley more than some good coaching, but I'm intrigued to say the least!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I called Cane Creek today to get on the pre-order list. It sounds like they aren't going to be shipping aftermarket orders for at least a couple months (he said August possibly) so they can get through their OEM orders first. Sounds like Ibis will be offering this as a spec on new builds (not sure how soon though).

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is that you don't like?
Are you running a Fox fork?

Man, that shock looks pretty impressive.
The Fox shock works ok on individual obstacles, hits, etc, however to me it feels like it quickly gets overwhelmed in situations where there is lots of trail chatter or on extended downhill sections (despite various rebound settings). I'm running a Pike in the front, so that probably exacerbates the feeling since the Pike soaks everything up with no issues. In contrast the shock doesn't feel matched to the Pike.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The Fox shock works ok on individual obstacles, hits, etc, however to me it feels like it quickly gets overwhelmed in situations where there is lots of trail chatter or on extended downhill sections (despite various rebound settings).
That pretty much sums up how I've felt about the Fox shocks on every Ibis I've ridden. I bet it's a regional thing, too - if you have lots of smooth buff stuff where you ride, you'd probably never have any complaints.

·
Registered
223 Posts
@Hans do you know when cane creek will be publishing a base setting for the Ripley?

can't wait to ride like those guys in the video, all I need is that shock :)

1 - 20 of 124 Posts