Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did do a search but with no results..

would i be able to put a lefty on a ripley ? and will it mess the bikes geometry ...

My SL rides to sweet with a 140 lefty I want to do the same with a Ripley..

I believe you need some form of offset ? do the 29er Leftys not have this ?

thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
ripley designed form 51 offset...lefty has 45 i believe

I did do a search but with no results..

would i be able to put a lefty on a ripley ? and will it mess the bikes geometry ...

My SL rides to sweet with a 140 lefty I want to do the same with a Ripley..

I believe you need some form of offset ? do the 29er Leftys not have this ?

thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice! Think that will be a fantastisc setup! Just want them to get 150mm travel supermax for 27.5b bikes with xl crown, them it will be no ny mojo HD (with angleset).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why not buy the new supermax lefty? Should be perfect for the Ripley
Can't do it, although it would be rad. The new supermax has 56 offset and 130 mm travel making it perfect for that bike. Problem, the new for requires a 1.5" straight steerer unlike the non supermax version. Won't work tried it and no possible adaption..., bummer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try checking out project 321 or similar. Should be easy to make a steerer that fixes that issue. Jake at p321 is "fairly" resourceful.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
My LBS's owner tells me he talked with Jake and Jake is running a Ripley with a Lefty SuperMax. I'm still interested in getting one for my Ripley.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you look at the picture thread for Ripley now, there is a user that has now got the supermax on a reply. Looks fantastic! Should sell my HD+ and get it :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts