Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed Invisiframe and the the next day they responded and said as soon as they get their hands on the new Ripley they will be coming out with a new kit. I'm in the States, or I'd loan it to them for a couple week days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not wanting to wait for a complete kit from RideWrap or Invisiframe, I purchased some 3M Paint Protection Film in 4in width and installed it myself. I'd say it came out ok, but I'd suggest going with a matte finish product if you have the black frame as I do. I used it on the underside of my downtube, a small section on the top of the toptube where my shorts sometimes rub, and on the headtube where the cables might rub. The pics make the film look more glossy than it actually is, but it certainly would be better in a matte finish, IMO. Overall I'm pleased.

Attachments

·
EDR
10,502 Posts
I covered nearly every square inch of my new Mojo 3 with this.

ISC

4.6 out of 5 stars**94Reviews

ISC Racerstape Surface Protection Tape / Helicopter Tape 2 Inch x 12 Feet

25 bucks and DIY is the way to go in my opinion. Unless you're looking closely you can't even tell it's applied. 2 inch wide seems like a good width, also use the wet application method so much easier. I bought the glossy finish tape my red Mojo is glossy. They make a matte finish as well

·
Registered
141 Posts
Love to hear your feedback and photos.
No photos yet, but I got the RideWrap installed on my Ripley. I'd say it's a pretty good piece of kit. I installed an Invisiframe kit on my Ripmo last year and I might say that it is a slightly better product. Maybe just a little more refined in terms of the design of the vinyl pieces and they way they mate with the frame.

That said, I think you would be happy with either kit. Just be prepared to put some serious time in. It can be frustrating too. But I'm happy I've got it on the bike.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
No photos yet, but I got the RideWrap installed on my Ripley. I'd say it's a pretty good piece of kit. I installed an Invisiframe kit on my Ripmo last year and I might say that it is a slightly better product. Maybe just a little more refined in terms of the design of the vinyl pieces and they way they mate with the frame.

That said, I think you would be happy with either kit. Just be prepared to put some serious time in. It can be frustrating too. But I'm happy I've got it on the bike.
you saying the ridewrap seems a little nicer? How would you compare the material itself between invisiframe and ridewrap in terms of durability and protection from what you could check when installing?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any pictures from the ridewrap product? It doesn’t appear Invisframe has a kit out yet.

I have the black frame and would like a matte finish tape. For now I just have some protecting tape on the frame, but would like a more refined product when one comes available.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.