Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what brand of bb and crank Ripley V4 owners are running, and if ISCG is installed.

Did the Ibis-supplied ISCG mount effect your bb/crank chainline?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Funny you should ask as I just put my crank on an hour ago. I threw on an SLX crank and XT bottom bracket with the ISCG05 adapter.

The ISCG adapter is 2.5mm width which is what Shimano wants on the drive side for 73mm width shells. So just use the adapter instead of the supplied 2.5mm BB spacer if you go Shimano.

Also attached a FUNN chain guide to the ISCG mount and it just barely clears the frame's lower link but it works fine.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
From Ibis:

We've tried a bunch of different setups with the ISCG 05 mount for the Ripley, here's my cheat sheet:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Mojo and HD4 are 68mm shell
Ripley V3 and V4 and Ripmo are 73mm shell
-------------------------------------------------------------
GXP Sram 68= 2.5 spacer DriveSide and 2.5 on NonDrive side
GXP Sram 73= No spacer - just cups to frame

Dub Sram 68=2.5 DS / 2.5 ND There is a 4.5mm spacer that goes between DS crank and outside of BB cup.
Dub Sram 73= NO SPACERS *If using the ISCG adapter then the IBIS will need to get a 2mm spacer.

Shimano 11S 68= 5mm DS / 2.5 ND
Shimano 11S 73= 2.5 DS / none ND

RaceFace NextR 12S 68= 3.75 DS / 2.5 ND
RaceFace NextR 12S 73= 1.25 DS / none ND

ISCG Adapter thickness is 2.5 mm

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
And if you're running Sram dub, just use the 2mm spacer instead of the 4.5mm spacer specified in the Sram instructions for 73mm.
My DUB didn't come with instructions. You mean WITH THE ISCG and using DUB, use 2mm spacer (where??) instead of 4.5mm spacer because the chain guide mount is 2.5mm?
Sorry for the confusion on my part. Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I used a combo of info from the Sram Dub install instructions on page 6 here: https://www.sram.com/sites/default/...d_dub_mtb_cranksets_and_bottom_brackets_0.pdf

Along with info from funkymonks on his post here: https://forums.mtbr.com/ibis/bash-guard-guide-new-ripmo-1096096.html#post13968084

Basically, it's like you said. Sram rec's a 4.5mm spacer on the outside of driveside and because the Ibis mount is 2.5mm, you only need the 2mm spacer. I've run this on both a Ripmo and Ripley v4 with great results.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you!! I now have a 32T Absolute Black oval and option to run Ibis cg or not. Your post/links cleared up so much confusion in the garage. Ran both setups this morning. Going sans chain guide since the narrow/wide is brand new, but it's nice to know I'm a 2mm spacer away from having ultimate retention. Many thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just received my frame and was planning on installing a Canecreek Hellbender 70 bottom bracket. It only comes with a 2.5 mm spacer which is 0.5 wider than the 4.5 mm recommended with the inclusion of the ISCG mount. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
i ended up measuring the crank distances from the frame on both sides and the spacers i ended up using were different from what was recommended. measure it and see. if not, spacers, should be easy to get from a local shop or 2 days out from a vendor like universal cycles. make sure to get the right diameter spacer. 0.5mm width is nothing as long as the bearings aren't binding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.