Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Hisforever
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent dh adventure bit back courtesy of full rock n roll run. Heres some pics of the recent carnage which include a nice 4" gash, a full shoulder skinning, a Hematoma(popped blood vessel in palm) and a freshly thrashed and sprained right wrist.
A 6ft drop to flat wasnt very easy when my shorts got caught in my rear tire just as i left the takeoff. I was trying to basically scrub the drop so I would nt send it miles out into the next turn. What sux is the shorts were wadding up b/w the seat tube and tire pulling my ass against the frame with it!!!! damn. luckily my junk was spared. I found my front tire already hitting ground before i could do anything. Theres no dirt on this trail. SOLID ROCK and very sharp. the bike was MIA. It was found 40 yards down the trail in some bushes. Bike carnage was minimal: the headset cap was blown off and a few spacers were missing. whopde doo. ha ha ha

Anyway, heres a photo journal of some recent carnage, the xc rides from the day before.
I did a good thing for community service and drove a bro up for a major shuttle run. Good Shaheeb! :)
We found some sticks on the trail.
I should be out for at least 2 weeks to a month.
For now its time to catch up from dissing everything to ride and surf.
Happy Holidays

rest in peace

Attachments

·
Hisforever
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
in the meantime

I can start building this and dreaming of going mental...

Attachments

·
aka DJ Papi
402 Posts
Geez shaheeb, that picture makes me feel the pain... hope you heal fast and well... HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE FAR EAST !!!

·
Wicketed
603 Posts
well, i felt sorry for you until i saw the pic of the highline, when all sympathy suddenly evaporated and was replaced by jealousy ;)

·
Hisforever
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O/S its a 31.8

i was basically unconscious when it was put there. full body shock...once i saw the wound and the inside i was done

·
Registered
949 Posts
Woah, sounds like it could have been much worse though - wish you a fast recovery!

Is that a raw / polished front tri? Is so who did it, looks killer.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Damn dude, heal quick.

And the HL's sick. What's that, like the 3rd one you've had now?:D

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
No armor?

Yeah but, did you finish the run? :D

Heal well man. That looks and sounds ugly.

·
Hisforever
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hubbaman, this is a polished raw frame that i spent some time on it myself. Its polished and sealed. I hope it lasts a while, but we will see.

Recil007, you are right, I have had some highlines, this is actually the fourth! ha ha ha

BZ: technically I didnt finish the run, but, I feel like I did because once I get to where I fell, the last turn and short exit hill are not as fun or demanding as the upper trail, I usually just cruise then.

I should take some close up shots of the sharp chunder.

Its just ugly...super ugly...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
SHAHEEB said:
Hubbaman, this is a polished raw frame that i spent some time on it myself. Its polished and sealed. I hope it lasts a while, but we will see.
Ah, that's why it looks so good. The polishing really makes a difference, hope it lasts for ya.

And I knew you had a few, but 4? Sheesh, whaddya do, keep breaking them?:D

·
Hisforever
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rscecil007 said:
Ah, that's why it looks so good. The polishing really makes a difference, hope it lasts for ya.

And I knew you had a few, but 4? Sheesh, whaddya do, keep breaking them?:D
Thanks for the props, its a bit of work to do,but worth it in the end. Yep 4 highlines(a black,blue,smoke,and polished/raw)
If I kept breaking them I would be broke. i actually did break one of them but the new ones are solid.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
polished alu

SHAHEEB said:
Hubbaman, this is a polished raw frame that i spent some time on it myself.
Looks sweet. Just curious - how long did that take to get it shiny? Did you use any power tools? Did you have to do the rear triangle too? Thanks.

·
Hisforever
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AW, no power tools were needed. Some of the Raw frame's I have seen would take some machinework and or sanding. However, this one was a smooth raw finish so the metal was easy to work with. The rear was tired so a just little help was needed there.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
SHAHEEB said:
AW, no power tools were needed. Some of the Raw frame's I have seen would take some machinework and or sanding. However, this one was a smooth raw finish so the metal was easy to work with. The rear was tired so a just little help was needed there.
Cool - thanks. I wonder how smooth the paint is underneath this glossy blue layer on mine?

·
Hisforever
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
heres a simple polish rundown...

Strip frame: aircraft paintstripper, dont feed this to your neighbors pets, its gnarly, wear thick gloves!!!!!! it will burn your skin right off!!!!!

depending on how polished you want to go and how smooth the bare bits are...you need sandpaper. I didnt want mine super polished so i kept it simple and stayed away from sandpaper. The difference between ultra-chrome i'll call it and a clean raw/polish is up to you and the sanding process.

Try starting with 600(400 is probably too coarse), then use 800 or 1000 as necessary or until you are feeling a smooth finish. then try to polish a small area with mothers. repeat as necessary.

If you want ultra smooth chrome finish increase the sandpaper #'s to 2000...wet sand.

to do a great job, all of this process would take forever imo.

If I had to strip a frame I prolly would not go thru with it. Thats why i bought a raw frame...

·
~~~~~~~~
5,923 Posts
SHAHEEB said:
i was basically unconscious when it was put there. full body shock...once i saw the wound and the inside i was done
was this at Dave's? You know he doesn't like blood, who passed out first :p.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Great lookin' frame bro! Glad something worked out for you.

Bummer on the injuries, but hey, nothing broken or truly f'd up. You'll be back on it in no time. I'm just now getting back after my wreckage in august (4 rides now, feels great to be back!)

Please give us all the scoop on your polishing process. When I get bored with my current color I'd certainly attempt a home strip&polish job, seems easy enough and looks killer.

·
Registered
9,268 Posts
Tell us about your rides

FM said:
Great lookin' frame bro! Glad something worked out for you.

Bummer on the injuries, but hey, nothing broken or truly f'd up. You'll be back on it in no time. I'm just now getting back after my wreckage in august (4 rides now, feels great to be back!)

Please give us all the scoop on your polishing process. When I get bored with my current color I'd certainly attempt a home strip&polish job, seems easy enough and looks killer.
I know we all assume we're going to resume our former mtn. biking schedule after coming back from an injury but I can say without shame that I was in tears the first time I put the rubber side down from my last big injury. You don't have to tell us about any tears but ...what was it like the first time back on dirt? Really, this isn't derailment of this thread, really. Inquiring minds want to know! :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts