Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Guess for now you have to go get your kicks at the Cummings Park dirt jumps. Which doesn't seem to have any community right now, not like the ones at Elk Grove and coming soon at Fair Oaks.

There were some cute little jumps elsewhere in the park that got flattened a few months ago. One of them has been replaced with a bit of log for a launch and no landing... I don't give that one long before it gets yanked

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,717 Posts
It's funny, we went camping last weekend, and the bathrooms were dirty and running out of toilet paper, weeds were high right next to the fire pits, I could go on and on about how nothing was being done, yet they have the manpower to level a few jumps? Out-f*cking-standing.

·
One ring to mash them all
2,595 Posts
It's funny, we went camping last weekend, and the bathrooms were dirty and running out of toilet paper, weeds were high right next to the fire pits, I could go on and on about how nothing was being done, yet they have the manpower to level a few jumps? Out-f*cking-standing.
Probably 1 guy in a bobcat and 8 supervisors.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I came across the field of destruction tonight. Sofa king pissed off right now. Those jumps have been bringing numerous kids out to the trails every day. It was a relatively safe, outdoor, healthy, physical activity for them. WTF.

On my way out of the park I saw a ranger parked by the beach. I went out of my way to go give him the bird. Fawk State Parks.
That's not a way to get on a good side of a Ranger.

·
gimme friction
1,105 Posts
Yup. Super frustrating seeing all of the deferred maintenance at our state parks, and then the resources spent on stuff like this. Sucks.

·
Rider, Builder, Dreamer
1,364 Posts
Over 1,000 comments on the post, almost 100% negative. Someone in that office is feeling silly right now......

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your tax dollars hard at work in the Folsom Lake State Recreation Area. They sure know how to put the "wreck" in recreation.:rolleyes:

Great job "protecting the natural integrity of the area" by knocking down some piles of dirt with a bulldozer!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Your tax dollars hard at work in the Folsom Lake State Recreation Area. They sure know how to put the "wreck" in recreation.:rolleyes:

Great job "protecting the natural integrity of the area" by knocking down some piles of dirt with a bulldozer!
View attachment 1929174 View attachment 1929175
And riding a dirtbike on the “sensitive” habitat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Well, now the city has a nice flat spot to make a homeless camp so they can stop murdering one another in front of town hall
Don’t give them any ideas. The bums and junkies have been slowly migrating up the American River Parkway. They’ll be camped out around Folsom Lake soon enough.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts