Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Low quality picture, but you get the idea. I wonder if those rangers standing around feel like they accomplished a worthy task, or were just following instruction from the higher ups.

·
mtb'er
4,202 Posts
Low quality picture, but you get the idea. I wonder if those rangers standing around feel like they accomplished a worthy task, or were just following instruction from the higher ups.
Following orders. After Browns Ravine jumps/berms were bulldozed a few months ago, I remember reading that a ranger told someone that GB was next. FLSRA apparently had to do their normal full environmental review before bulldozing. They didn't destroy any of the "social trails" at Browns.... so hopefully they don't mess with the social trails at GB either. Seems like its the jumps that concern them most. I'm sure it all gets rebuilt... and it'll take another 6 years of paperwork/environmental review for them to bulldoze them again.

·
Ride On!
1,037 Posts
Sad to see, if it is the area I am think it is, it has been there for years and yes, I always saw mostly younger folks enjoying it. Maybe a good alternative would be for a much overdue bike park at Granite Bay, similar to the one in Truckee. Seems to be as the trails are getting more use and attention over the last couple of years the trend towards dumming down the trails (ie last summers trail work). Not sure what the answer is, but to take it in stride and ride elsewhere when I want more challenging terrain. Still fortunate to have the trails available as they make a great place to get a quick ride in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
hilarious to see all the comments filled with people shitting on FLSRA for dozing the jumps

sucks to see another spot get plowed, hopefully the backlash can lead to some progress on a legal spot - clearly seems like there is a need for it out there

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
I came across the field of destruction tonight. Sofa king pissed off right now. Those jumps have been bringing numerous kids out to the trails every day. It was a relatively safe, outdoor, healthy, physical activity for them. WTF.

On my way out of the park I saw a ranger parked by the beach. I went out of my way to go give him the bird. Fawk State Parks.

·
mtb'er
4,202 Posts
For those keeping score at home, this is a regular thing every 4 to 10 years. Its the "Etch-A-Sketch Bike Park"! And until Jim M. retires from FLSRA, there's likely zero chance anything exciting for bicycling will happen at FLSRA.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
For those keeping score at home, this is a regular thing every 4 to 10 years. Its the "Etch-A-Sketch Bike Park"! And until Jim M. retires from FLSRA, there's likely zero chance anything exciting for bicycling will happen at FLSRA.

That dude is a blight on the park system no matter where they shuffle him around too. And I don’t mean from just a non-equestrian user groups perspective. I literally can feel my blood pressure rise when I see someone refer to him.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Just went down the Folsom Lake rabbit hole. Seems like the non bike riding locals are pretty hostile, similar to Marin County. Remember, Horses are a non native species and definitely have an impact on the environment. How many endangered beetles get squished by horses ?

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
On my way out of the park I saw a ranger parked by the beach. I went out of my way to go give him the bird. Fawk State Parks.
Right. Because the Rangers make the rules.

Are there really people above the age of 12 who actually think that's how things work?
Wow...that's something.
🥴

·
Registered
730 Posts
the amount of people that come into the norcal forums just to add a pointless comment is kind of ridiculous. you must be really bored at work.

I liked those jumps, only got to check them out twice about a year ago but still fun times.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
the amount of people that come into the norcal forums just to add a pointless comment is kind of ridiculous. you must be really bored at work.
With the new format, the latest stuff shows up front and center for everyone, regardless of region.

You should whine to "the management" about it, maybe get them to set up a NorCal safe space for you.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts