Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Designated Bleeder
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well is looks like things are getting complicated out in Portland for Mountain Cycle:

http://www.bikeportland.org/wp-content/MTC PRESS RELEASE.pdf

So my question is: Does this mean its a good time to buy a Mountain Cycle or a bad time? I imagine there is going to be some killer deals on some nice MC frames going around. Anyone know how they are planning to deal with warrantees and the like?

The MC Fury was at the top of a short list of frames that I was going to buy and I would be really sad to see them go away... I have heard great things about a lot of their bikes.

Its also sad to see a smaller frame builder getting the shaft. Hopefully Surly, Seven, Transistion and Banshee aren't next.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,485 Posts
SpecialK said:
Well is looks like things are getting complicated out in Portland for Mountain Cycle:

http://www.bikeportland.org/wp-content/MTC PRESS RELEASE.pdf

So my question is: Does this mean its a good time to buy a Mountain Cycle or a bad time? I imagine there is going to be some killer deals on some nice MC frames going around. Anyone know how they are planning to deal with warrantees and the like?

The MC Fury was at the top of a short list of frames that I was going to buy and I would be really sad to see them go away... I have heard great things about a lot of their bikes.

Its also sad to see a smaller frame builder getting the shaft. Hopefully Surly, Seven, Transistion and Banshee aren't next.
Mountain Cycle is still going.
 

·
Designated Bleeder
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sad

I checked the link and it seems to work fine now. Not sure what happened.

Its depressing that MC is just getting swept under the rug like that. I have worked for small companies before and had similar things happen. Downsizing and off-shore outsourcing are sad realities of business. Too bad, they were about to get some business from me also. Oh well...

SpK
 

·
Designated Bleeder
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bad Deal

I agree with Twisted on this one. No one knows what the heck is going on at MC. I am guessing the most of the people there are looking for new jobs or about to start. Anyone have the capital and want to buy a bike brand?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
That would certainly suck. Who knows though, from that article it doesn't sound like anyone has a clue what is going on.
Just in case though, anyone know where I can get a spare deraileur hanger for my 03 rumble? I checked their site and doesn't seem like they have any hangers on there any more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,485 Posts
oreos and beer said:
That would certainly suck. Who knows though, from that article it doesn't sound like anyone has a clue what is going on.
Just in case though, anyone know where I can get a spare deraileur hanger for my 03 rumble? I checked their site and doesn't seem like they have any hangers on there any more.
Call Mountain Cycle at 503 294 4340 ext 28 and tell her you need an '03 rumble derailleur hanger, or email [email protected]
The MC online store never worked correctly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Can't be true

Is there anything we can do? I have been super happy with MC. I broke 3 frames in a row until my Fury. Teh customer support was second to none!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Scary

TWISTED said:
For Mountain Cycle to "Rest in Peace" would be better than what is likely to happen.

I urge everyone to call Mountain Cycle at 503-294-4340 ext. 28 and ask for technical support or information about the MC frames and how they perform. You will get an idea of the future of Mountain Cycle.:rolleyes:
I just called and talked to a woman that didn't have a clue. I asked her about the new slope style bike. I was wondering which shop I could order it from, She replied (with a strong asian accent and lacking in the english vocabulary) they had shops and asked me if I want to order one. When I said yes, she said to call back in a couple of weeks.

Twisted, spill the beans. Is this a temporary deal, or is this the new MC?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,485 Posts
shadfly said:
I just called and talked to a woman that didn't have a clue. I asked her about the new slope style bike. I was wondering which shop I could order it from, She replied (with a strong asian accent and lacking in the english vocabulary) they had shops and asked me if I want to order one. When I said yes, she said to call back in a couple of weeks.

Twisted, spill the beans. Is this a temporary deal, or is this the new MC?
Right now I'm the only person involved with MC who rides or is from this country. No one has given me any clue how long they will keep me there. Currently the company is on "auto pilot". I haven't been told anything about the future of MC or my involvement with it. I've been too busy to answer the phone most of the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Hang in there

TWISTED said:
Right now I'm the only person involved with MC who rides or is from this country. No one has given me any clue how long they will keep me there. Currently the company is on "auto pilot". I haven't been told anything about the future of MC or my involvement with it. I've been too busy to answer the phone most of the time.
Hang in there and keep us posted:madman:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top