Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· slower than you
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is nothing more than a long overdue godspeed good-friend to this forum's Raddest member, M77Ranger, Ryan Seumptewa, who died back in December 2020. Ryan introduced me to a ton of good music over the years (I'm listening to one of those bands, Explosions In The Sky, as I write this), beginnning as an exchange for a bit of bike advice back when he was just a youngling (compared to me), getting going on his first mountain bike, a janky Kona ht if recollection serves.

Many of you may not know, or have not recalled it for some time, it having been something like ten years on now since it happened, but @m77ranger and @raisingarizona were the pioneers of Sedona's infamous White Line back-when, and props to them for having gone first (so that I didn't have to...and still haven't had to).

Ryan was also hilarious and made a number of Rad and now famous stickers. And he was a great bass player. I was fortunate to make a little music with him over the years. https://azdailysun.com/the-unrelent...cle_b54e2bbe-5ea9-5202-aff1-802535a1d37c.html

He spent the last part of his life on the River, rowing tours for Grand Canyon Youth. By all reports, all of his passengers, guests and coworkers alike, adored him, as did I. In Memory of Ryan ("Rynam") Seumptewa ⋆ Grand Canyon Youth

Water Sky Mountain Watercraft Blue

He has been and will continue to be missed.

· Registered
3,671 Posts
Thanks rc for this post.

after hearing the news I woke up over and over again that night with tears pouring down my cheeks. It was a tough one for me.

I first saw the move to the lower ledge but Ryan really wanted it, it kept him up at night for over a week before he said he HAD to do it. I saw the video shot and was glad he wanted to go first, what a relief! It was scary and to go for something like that that no one had done before is something very special. It’s the true spirit of pioneering, that’s something that isn’t easy to obtain these days.

· slower than you
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A couple of @m77ranger's best stickers, one that I saw in the wild on the way home from work today on the rear door of a little hatchback, and the other which permanently graces the front of my mini fridge in the garage.

Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle

Font Gas Technology Electronic device Automotive exterior

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.