Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't exactly breaking news, but in case you missed it (as it happened in the cycling "off-season") a massive fire in Marlinton, WV, last November destroyed a full 50% of the town's businesses, sadly including Dirt Bean Ohana. Dirt Bean was a quirky bike shop/fitness center/coffee bar/local hangout owned by a great rider and old friend Kristi Lanier.

My heart and best wishes go out to you, Kristi. I, like many others in the Pocahontas community, hope to see the Bean rise from the ashes like a phoenix.

Pollution Demolition Waste Building material Earthquake

·
Not sure what to type?
567 Posts
One of my karate students helped fight that fire. Said they were afraid they were going to lose the entire main street. I think he said it was an 7 alarm fire.
I drove through there last month. It's all cleaned up with no trace of the shops.

Hope they find a way to rebuild.

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the shop's website, Home Page it looks like Kristy is planning on being open for the 2014 riding season, although the new "permanent" location may not be open until later in the fall. She's been a great supporter of Pocahontas County riding and the community in general, so if you have the opportunity please support her and Dirtbean in return. Her "supercookies" are delicious and guarantee a no-bonk ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.