Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
15,773 Posts
I never actually met the man, and I find it a bit odd to write that I feel a sense of loss at knowing that he has passed.

But I do.

And I suspect that there are a number of others that feel the same way--people whom he inspired with his unique outlook and the way he was able to convey that outlook through prose and photography.

Condolences to those that knew him. I am truly sorry for your loss.

For those of us that never met him, his presence will most assuredly be missed.

And, I may be premature or off base in saying this, but I think there's a simple way to keep his presence around: 'the anthonys forum'. Surely the moderators can find a way to create a space where all of his passion can be archived yet kept near for easy access?

I hope that this can be seriously considered.

MC

P.S. One of my all time favorite anthonys photographs:

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,637 Posts
mikesee said:
I never actually met the man, and I find it a bit odd to write that I feel a sense of loss at knowing that he has passed.

But I do.

And I suspect that there are a number of others that feel the same way--people whom he inspired with his unique outlook and the way he was able to convey that outlook through prose and photography.

Condolences to those that knew him. I am truly sorry for your loss.

For those of us that never met him, his presence will most assuredly be missed.

And, I may be premature or off base in saying this, but I think there's a simple way to keep his presence around: 'the anthonys forum'. Surely the moderators can find a way to create a space where all of his passion can be archived yet kept near for easy access?

MC
Very well put MC, I'm hurting like I lost a good friend. Only got to briefly meet him at the Fruita Fest last year and he seemed like a great guy, thanked him for all the stoke he shares on here and for the inspiration as an aspiring photographer then chatted about the Yeti lineup a bit. Went to the booth this year during the fest and he was occupied helping out a bunch of customers so I didn't want to bother him, went back later and he wasn't around and I was a little bummed that I didn't catch him but figured oh well, I'd just see him next year.

I think an anthonys forum would be a nice memorial to him. Not sure how it would work but also wondering if there is any way folks could donate to keep his web address up and running far into the future. It would be a shame to see all the inspiration he's given over the years disappear due to a web address expiring. Would be a nice way to keep a small part of his legacy going.

Condolences to all his family and friends and hopefully someone is spoiling Grendel rotten with dog treats and belly rubs right now.

·
Banned
20 Posts
catch22 said:
Not sure how it would work but also wondering if there is any way folks could donate to keep his web address up and running far into the future. It would be a shame to see all the inspiration he's given over the years disappear due to a web address expiring. Would be a nice way to keep a small part of his legacy going.
Brian, I have saved a copy. If you want to do the same, use http://www.spadixbd.com/backstreet/.

There are plenty of folks out there with excess server bandwidth that could host his site gratis, me included.

His site should not fade away.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
I selfishly wish I'd known him more/better, but feel lucky to have known him the little bit I did.Here's to Anthony having been a wonderful person! My heart goes out to all his family and friends.

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
It has been too long since we last rode together, I mean really ride.... now it seems my opportunity to ride with you again has passed. and I am at a loss...

Good times, ALL OF THEM, PERIOD.

Singlespeedster, you will be missed, but that should go without saying.

Ride that triple in the sky.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
This....isn't.....real.....

is it?

I can't believe it.....I don't know what to say right now....

If it IS true....Mtbr now has a big hole in it.

-g

·
Hey, wait up!
1,541 Posts
Shakespeare:

This thou perceivest, which makes thy love more strong,
To love that well which thou must leave ere long.

---------------------

Anthonys - a passionate life passionately shared.

Sad sad sad news.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
mikesee said:

I love this idea. I've spent the last two days going over countless posts Anthony started and just enjoying his incredible experiences.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Unreal.

All I can do is hope his kind, wonderful spirit is reborn in another being half as worthy. In one of the older posts that was 'bumped', someone noted that Anthony led a charmed life. I'd say he charmed those of us who had the good fortune of meeting him.

Carrie, Ari, Grendel, and all those closest to him - please know I send my best and wish I could do anything to help cope with the impossible.

See you on the other side buddy,

glen

my pic from 2008 GITA ride
<!-- / message --> <!-- attachments --> <fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Attached Images</legend>

</fieldset>

·
I just wanna ride my bike
845 Posts
Tears slid down my face reading about Anthony's passing. Like many, I never met the man but was drawn to his photos and his ability to make every shot speak countless words. You greatly enriched so many lives, Anthony. You will be missed.

Deepest condolensces to his family, friends and coworkers.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts