Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone seems to be on board for a 9am meet-n-greet. I have a few tools for clearing, a hand saw and bow saw. Tesuque Village market is just a few miles in from exit 168. I will be in a forest green F-150. As I understand it there should be a total of 5 of us maybe 6 if Maka decides to join the group.

Let me know if I have missed someone:

Myself
Supramk388
Rotmilky
Pukemaster
PMD
Maka?

If there are objections please let them be known. Looking forward to seeing some new faces:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
If there are objections please let them be known.
I object to working on a Thursday while others are riding REM.

I also object to you describing your F-150 as "Forest Green" in color. I haven't seen any forest with flora matching that hue...it's okay to drive a teal truck man, own it!

Attachments

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AndyN said:
I object to working on a Thursday while others are riding REM.

I also object to you describing your F-150 as "Forest Green" in color. I haven't seen any forest with flora matching that hue...it's okay to drive a teal truck man, own it!
Ok...Fine! Its teal:blush:

Take the day off, you have my permission;) Otherwise you can wait until Saturday with the rest and most of it should be cleared:thumbsup:

·
Registered
711 Posts
See you at the market at 9am. I've got a 10" folding saw that I carry with me.

I'll be in a silver Suby daddywagon with a silver Niner riding atop.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Derailed again...

Unfortunately Crux bailed (again), but I think I found a suitable replacement. What do you guys think? We need all of the warm bodies we can get, right?

Took the little guy and sprocket out for a foothills jaunt. Probably close to six miles and one of our longest rides together. Usually he starts to get a little discouraged after a few miles, but today I got a kick out of the fact that during the ride he kept thanking me for taking him out. Out of nowhere this evening he even went as far as to say "that was a great ride today". I think I have created a monster!

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, meet you at the park and ride at 8am? Got any tools?

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
785 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Unfortunately Crux bailed (again), but I think I found a suitable replacement. What do you guys think? We need all of the warm bodies we can get, right?

Took the little guy and sprocket out for a foothills jaunt. Probably close to six miles and one of our longest rides together. Usually he starts to get a little discouraged after a few miles, but today I got a kick out of the fact that during the ride he kept thanking me for taking him out. Out of nowhere this evening he even went as far as to say "that was a great ride today". I think I have created a monster!
That's good stuff Brain(I keed :p ), Brian. We're gonna hook up my daughter this year with a new ride. She outgrown the Jamis. She wants a Haro to go with my Mary SS.

I wish I could sneak away from work to join you guys for a ride and some trail maintenance. Oh well I'll just have to settle for a lunchtime Dale Ball jaunt.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ABQDave said:
That's good stuff Brain(I keed :p ), Brian. We're gonna hook up my daughter this year with a new ride. She outgrown the Jamis. She wants a Haro to go with my Mary SS.

I wish I could sneak away from work to join you guys for a ride and some trail maintenance. Oh well I'll just have to settle for a lunchtime Dale Ball jaunt.
Thanks Dave. It is a special moment when the things in life we love the most intersect like this. It helps to put this craziness right back into perspective.
Congrats on the girlz upgraditis. I am sure that next year it will quite possibly be a new Turner:thumbsup:
Wish you could join us too, but Saturday we will be headed back for another ride. I have a feeling that todays will be primarily a clearing effort.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Just posting up a quick status report from today's ride...might be useful to those planning a trip on Sat. I'm pretty tired, so I'll give more detail tomorrow.

Met up at 9am. Left REM parking lot at 7pm. I don't think Bryan and Stu are even back in ABQ yet. Took longer due to several mile death march through snow. Lots of snow on Winsor...the top several miles. REM had significant snow still left (not as much as Winsor) between ski hill and Aspen Vista. Below Aspen, REM is clear of snow.

Deadfall wasn't a major problem. We cleaned what we could. Left one large tree on Winsor. Ran out of time and had to leave stuff on REM. I'd estimate less than 10 trees left over entire REM trail. A small hand saw can probably knock those out. 2-3 trees are large diameter and will require a chainsaw.

Turned out to be a fun (and exhausting) day. :thumbsup: Must get sleep now. I'll post up photos of Bryan and Stu up to their nads in snow tomorrow. :D

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rotmilky said:
Just posting up a quick status report from today's ride...might be useful to those planning a trip on Sat. I'm pretty tired, so I'll give more detail tomorrow.

Met up at 9am. Left REM parking lot at 7pm. I don't think Bryan and Stu are even back in ABQ yet. Took longer due to several mile death march through snow. Lots of snow on Winsor...the top several miles. REM had significant snow still left (not as much as Winsor) between ski hill and Aspen Vista. Below Aspen, REM is clear of snow.

Deadfall wasn't a major problem. We cleaned what we could. Left one large tree on Winsor. Ran out of time and had to leave stuff on REM. I'd estimate less than 10 trees left over entire REM trail. A small hand saw can probably knock those out. 2-3 trees are large diameter and will require a chainsaw.

Turned out to be a fun (and exhausting) day. :thumbsup: Must get sleep now. I'll post up photos of Bryan and Stu up to their nads in snow tomorrow. :D
Sweet jesus! Toughest ride of my life! Thanks Maka...:mad:

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
The proof

....see the rest of you on Saturday:thumbsup:

BTW...when I grow up I want to be just like Stu, he has got to be the toughest mofo that I know:thumbsup:

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
wow,sounds like you guys had a interesting day! thanks for doing the work:thumbsup:

Mtn. Biker123 said:
BTW...when I grow up I want to be just like Stu, he has got to be the toughest mofo that I know:thumbsup:
oooh yeah stu is a freaking animal man!:cool: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts