Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazing.

After all the rain we've had, I hesitated to go out last night, but met up with a friend in parking lot C and we covered 9+ miles with narry a mud puddle in sight.

We stayed away from the known swampy areas, and arrived back in the parking lot with not more than the normal mud spatters and no skeeter bites! :)

Felt good to get back on the bike, hopefully the blue skies out my window will stick around!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Maggie,
If it ever stops raining, I am testing out my bug juice this weekend. Mixed up a batch last night. How long does it last in the bottle anyway?
Good thing you went last night. After the brutal downpours we had throughout the night and this morning, I bet there are puddles now!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, it did rain a bit during the night huh? I've got all body parts crossed for good riding this week-end, when the bugs will be out in full force. ~eyes rolling

We're planning a loooooonnnng one in unexplored territory on Monday so I'm hoping the rain is done with us for now. (stop laughing)

Re: bug juice lasting qualities - i dunno - I have a small bottle, that holds a bit less than a cup. I spray myself, and one or two others each time so it goes fast. I can't imagine that the strength of any of the ingredients would diminsh over time

The more you ride, the less you'll have to worry about it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good conditions Thursday night at Ringwood

Rode trails near parking lot C and behind school last night. The big switchbacks and other nice trails in that area were all good. Bugs were active and the 3 H's kicked my butt (hills, heat, humidity) but I enjoyed the loop. Thanks to single speed Mike who showed us around last week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.