Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
1,493 Posts
bushpig said:
This is embarrassing, but these things are after my time. Can someone explain how they work. The cam doesn't seem to tighten the QR. Thank you and apologies for the apparent softness of my head.
they dont have a cam. they are basically big wing nuts that you can flop the lever on if the they happen to be pointing down when they are tight.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
bushpig said:
That explains a lot. Thank you.

p.s. kudos on the new handle and the new bikes. Seems everytime you post you have picked up something awesome. May I suggest Velo-Jealo if you ever need to change your handle again!
There are two Ringle skewers, not sure which one you have.

The first generation (with the holes) has a cam. Ringle said to tighten the cam and then twist it tight. I think it was a quarter or half turn. But its easier to just twist it tight while closed rather than forcing it closed on that sticky cam.

The second generation (which is probably what you ahve) I dont think had a cam at all and like Sky said you just twist it tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.