Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im feeling alot of flex in the rear of my 07 IBIS MOJO CARBON....

crank brother iodine rims
stock links for rear triangle
225lbs my weight...

which do you think is causing the most flex ?????? :confused:

·
Unpredictable
2,213 Posts
I have the same wheels - they are pretty stiff. If this is new flex the likely candidates are the suspension linkages and the shock mounts. Having said that, there were some 07 Mojos that cracked swingarms, so check that carefully.

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
07?
Get a Lopes link.
Check your bottom link to see if it's cracked. Replace it anyway with a newer one which is a stronger/stiffer design.
Check to see if all the metal inserts in the frame are tight and haven't worked loose. These are the ones the bearings rest on in the bottom bracket area. Remove the lower link and stick a screw driver in the metal inserts and gently pry. If they move you have a problem there.
Have the spokes loosened over time?

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
qkenuf4u said:
ya i think im noticing it the most in loose gravel/rocks and yes prob. corners.....

how can i run a different axle when the drop-outs are setup for standard 9mm QR ??
10mm axle will fit right in. You'd need to get a hub that supports that first, the CBs might. It's basically a big fat quick release.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
figured out the problem today.. i went from the RP23 to my ISX-6 and had to make my own spacer/mounting kit for the ISX.... problem is the spacers i made DID NOT give enough support to the attachment point on the triangle and allowed it to flex. put the RP23 back on today to see if i liked how that shock worked and flex went away.. (RP23 sucks compared to my ISX IMHO)
ill have to have Dougal @ Shockcraft make my new mounting pins/collars to tighten it up again.. think ill get the TI bolt set to go along with it... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just putting a shock on that had the right spacers made it a 1000000x better.. didnt feel any flex today riding the powerline so im having SHOCKCRAFT make me a new set of PINS/COLLARS to work with the ISX on the MOJO frame.....
when i get my next set of wheels i def look into upgrading to the 10mm axle setup...
thanks
lance

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
Get the latest links anyway...

Beyond the Lopes link, Ibis has iterated like mofos on the lower link. The current version has significantly evolved since those earlier kits.

It's an easy+great little upgrade. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.