Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
E-Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several flats and a cracked rim, I decided to give tire inserts a try. After hours of research Rimpact seemed to check off all the boxes: relatively light, easy to install, available in plus size and reasonably priced. With them installed I run front 30mm wide rim, 29x2.5 at 20psi and rear 35mm wide rim, 27.5x2.8 at 22psi. No squirm noticed when cornering hard, hitting rocks at speed feels muted. For kicks, I let all the air out of the rear tire and I was able to keep riding, although at a lot slower speed. I personally think this was a worthy upgrade. Only time will tell how these will hold up.

Anyone else running inserts?
Synthetic rubber Material property Silver

Product Technology Font Carbon Black

Automotive tire Spoke Rim Bicycle part Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I have Cushcore and Rimpact. I like Rimpact more because they’re easier to install, are cheaper and feel the same on the trail. They’re definitely made from softer foam and I could see them wearing out faster but at 1/3 the price does that really matter? I love that they’re 1/3 the weight. They might not have exactly the same level of protection but it’s close. I can run the same low pressures I was with cushcore and not get any extra tire roll. When I case my rear wheel on sharp rocks I feel the same dull thud I did with cushcore. I’ve ridden pretty hard on really rocky terrain and my wheels and tires are still perfect thanks to Rimpact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.