Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just peeled off the decals on my Flows for my new EMD build...feels so liberating! Wish I had an I phone to share...not sure if I can uploud pics from a cell phone onto a Samsung tablet...just take my word for it...sweet!

·
Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
1,080 Posts
I kinda like the stickers on my Charger Comps, but I wouldn't mind taking them off in favor of some graffiti or something cool. Seems like the stickers are just going to peel off eventually anyway.

·
mtbr member extraordinair
1,075 Posts
I pulled the "WTB Fequency" stickers off my rims not long ago. It made the whole bike go from the Nascar look to stealth!

·
mtbr member extraordinair
1,075 Posts
LOL That sux. Mine peeled off pretty clean. Only had to touch up a couple spots where the adhesive stayed behind, but nbd

·
Registered
388 Posts
Did the same. Then proceeded to spend a week with mineral spirits/WD4O/laquer thinner/gasoline getting the damn adhesive off.
Goo Gone works and is not a harsh chemical like everything else you tried.

·
Workin for the weekend!
1,341 Posts
I peeled mine, but only after I washed the wheels and used some hot water to soften the adhesive. Heat them up and they release real clean!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I peeled the stickers off my rovals and then realized that they painted a red wedge on the rims. They look terrible and I'm gonna sell them because of it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
hair dryer & goo-gone...took less than an hour. Stan's makes a great product, but some way ugly-ass logos...in my opinion. I did the same with the upper Rock Shox decals :cool:

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's funny. I'm usually not the type to peel stickers. I like the components I choose and like to show them off. The exception came this week before seeing this thread. I have a bike with a flat black paint job and glossy black logos. Now I have all black rims to match. I wish I had done it months ago. Now I'm thinking about pulling of the Fox stickers too.

·
Big Boy
978 Posts
any advice on how to do this with american classic wheels? They seem to have some kind of clear coat over the decals.

·
SSolo, on your left!
2,577 Posts
Goo Gone works and is not a harsh chemical like everything else you tried.
Yes, Goo Gone is good stuff and not harsh chemicals!

I peeled mine, but only after I washed the wheels and used some hot water to soften the adhesive. Heat them up and they release real clean!
That helps.

Just peeled off the decals on my Flows for my new EMD build...feels so liberating! Wish I had an I phone to share...not sure if I can uploud pics from a cell phone onto a Samsung tablet...just take my word for it...sweet!
Pics! :)

hair dryer & goo-gone...took less than an hour. Stan's makes a great product, but some way ugly-ass logos...in my opinion. I did the same with the upper Rock Shox decals :cool:
Yep, me too.

It's funny. I'm usually not the type to peel stickers. I like the components I choose and like to show them off. The exception came this week before seeing this thread. I have a bike with a flat black paint job and glossy black logos. Now I have all black rims to match. I wish I had done it months ago. Now I'm thinking about pulling of the Fox stickers too.
Do it! :)

I peel almost every sticker off, I only leave the one Rockshox sticker on my forks, but all the wheel stickers come off and all frame stickers that aren't under the clear coat.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts