Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
AuntieAPE said:
I'm building a new wheel for my monocog and need a rim that is V-brake compatible, easily tubeless convertible, and preferably < $50. Any ideas? Thanks.
I don't know about tubeless, but WTB dual duty rims are v brake compatible and cheap. I just built up some DD FR rims for not too much cash. Sun Rhynolites also are probably a good candidate.

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
AuntieAPE said:
Thanks man - I've had some good experiences with the DD too, but need to look into how it does tubeless.
Stans 355 seems to fit your needs best, all except for price.

If you *really* need to save the pennies, then my second choice would be a Salsa Delgado X. But then you'll need to spend time and a few bucks fiddling to make it work well tubeless. IMO the time and hassle saved makes the 355 worth every penny.

MC

·
Registered
33 Posts
I always thought 355+rim brakes was a "well, technically you could" situation, what with the narrow and unmachined brake track.

This is an untested assertion, of course, if you're going to vote the other way, MC, I might have to change my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.