Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Really enjoyed seeing what people rode, gear list etc - cool stuff.

Now I'd love to hear about what mechanical problems people had - like if the FS bikes had shock issues, or dropper post issues etc.

·
MoShroom
16 Posts
Really enjoyed seeing what people rode, gear list etc - cool stuff.

Now I'd love to hear about what mechanical problems people had - like if the FS bikes had shock issues, or dropper post issues etc.
For 2019 CTR I ran a FS Kona Hei Hei 140mm travel bike with Remote lockout shock, and a dropper post with a seat pack. No issues with any of it, performed flawlessly. My only mechanical issue was a broken spoke. If you go into it with a fresh service on your fork/shocks and a mechanical dropper like a 9point8 fall line I don't think the risk is really that big. For me it's the only way I would do that trail, but I'm not a hardtail guy unless it's flow trail. (which CTR is not). I have a lot of respect for hardtail riders though!

·
Registered
217 Posts
For 2019 CTR I ran a FS Kona Hei Hei 140mm travel bike with Remote lockout shock, and a dropper post with a seat pack. No issues with any of it, performed flawlessly. My only mechanical issue was a broken spoke. If you go into it with a fresh service on your fork/shocks and a mechanical dropper like a 9point8 fall line I don't think the risk is really that big. For me it's the only way I would do that trail, but I'm not a hardtail guy unless it's flow trail. (which CTR is not). I have a lot of respect for hardtail riders though!
Cool man thanks. The inner doomsday prepper inside me wants to keep it simple tp improve reliability. The mountain biker that I am is on the same page as you - ride and enjoy a FS - send the rear shock to Dirt Labs for a service, service the front myself, go through the whole bike - new tires, fresh sealant, replace cables and housing, chain, pads, grips etc.

I'll go back and check out and look for your bike - thanks again for your input.

COBikeman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.