Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have been racking my brain trying to think of where to go for what I am looking for. I have a vassago moose knuckle and I want to place a rigid steel fork on it with a, at least, 500mm ac. I have a carbon fork on there now with this but I miss the steel feel.

Looks like waltworks is not doing stand alone forks right now And I don’t see any numbers on the oddity cycles page to tell how long their forks are (I will email them). Other than those two I don’t know who else makes what I want. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hi everyone, I have been racking my brain trying to think of where to go for what I am looking for. I have a vassago moose knuckle and I want to place a rigid steel fork on it with a, at least, 500mm ac. I have a carbon fork on there now with this but I miss the steel feel.

Looks like waltworks is not doing stand alone forks right now And I don’t see any numbers on the oddity cycles page to tell how long their forks are (I will email them). Other than those two I don’t know who else makes what I want. Any suggestions??
Monē bikes has a 495mm a/c steel fork.
its boost spaced, which may or may not require either a new hub or a spaced kit for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run HOPE front hubs so any configuration of axle width and spacing will work. I would prefer a 15mm thru (100 or 110). Ti is acceptable but I have never ridden a Ti fork before. I have ridden steel and carbon and am missing the steel feel right now.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I run HOPE front hubs so any configuration of axle width and spacing will work. I would prefer a 15mm thru (100 or 110). Ti is acceptable but I have never ridden a Ti fork before. I have ridden steel and carbon and am missing the steel feel right now.
I mention Ti because it feels very similar to steel, but weighs much less and is super durable since it's practically corrosion proof.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
A buddy of mine just had a custom Ti fork done by Black Sheep. I believe Black Sheep shares a shop space with Oddity (or at least they used to?). You might reach out to them. I believe the fork he had made was over 500 AC (he was shooting for a 120 correct offset iirc). It's a beautiful fork.

·
Registered
303 Posts
A buddy of mine just had a custom Ti fork done by Black Sheep. I believe Black Sheep shares a shop space with Oddity (or at least they used to?). You might reach out to them. I believe the fork he had made was over 500 AC (he was shooting for a 120 correct offset iirc). It's a beautiful fork.
Oddity and black sheep are awesome builders. The oddity shop is just up the road from my place. Their frames are beautiful.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Ask Tom at Vass if he has any of their Ti ODIS forks laying around. it's easily one of the best stiffys i've ridden (easton, salsa, steel odis, whiskey, 9iner). i think those forks were actually made for the Mooseknuckle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts