Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HeadFishHeadMonger
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving to a city where trails aren't close and I won't have any time to drive to any decent trails. I'm going to sell my turner burner frame and RS reba fork and plan to build up a city bike for commuting/tooling around using my components.

I'm looking at Soma Groove, One One Inbred geared, JensonUSA Zion. Any opinions on these bikes?

Any other suggestions that won't break the bank?

Thnx in advance ...

Berardino

·
HeadFishHeadMonger
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
euphemism said:
I would also put a Karate Monkey on the list ...

Keep it super simple - v brakes, gears and fatty tires will keep you rollin' anywhere ... :)
I have 26" wheelset right now, I thought the KM was 29" only? Although, I could just build up the wheels as 29" :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
yup .... monkey is 29 ... for cruising around the city and to trails, the 29er is hard to beat.

If you wanted to stick with the 26" wheels, i have nothing but praise for the On One Inbred.

Build a fully rigid, geared Inbred 456 with fat tires ... super bike:thumbsup: ...

I am currently in the process of building a 1 x 9 Inbred 96er as my travel/do anything bike .. super easy to maintain and lotsa fun to ride ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.