Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Marin Juniper Trail with a manitou Mars Elite front fork. The air spring leaks, replacement parts are impossible to find, and I don't have the money to spend on a decent XC fork (unless someone can recommend something ~$250?). So that has lead me to the realm of the rigid fork. Who even makes them anymore? Where can I find one with IS disk caliper mounts that won't screw my geometry all up?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I busted the RS Dart 3 on my Rockhopper and replaced it with a rigid steel Surly Instigator fork. Suspension corrected for 100mm of travel. I could not be happier. It's lighter, faster on the road, more than capable on the trail and feels completely bombproof. Also the squealing on my front brakes seems to have been completely eliminated. Highly recommended. Talk to your LBS.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FK409C03-Surly+Instigator+Fork.aspx

·
Made in Canada
415 Posts
Funny, I'm in the process of converting my old Marin to SS (parts aren't here yet...) and my old Manitou Comp fork was totally shot, started looking around for rigid forks, and found good reviews on the Carbon Cycles eXotic forks. They make an aluminum and carbon fork, other companies such as White Brothers, Origin 8, Fetish cycles, etc. have the same fork, most of them carbon. I went with the eXotic because I could get the alu which was cheaper. There's tons of stuff out there. On One makes some nice stuff as well, and DT Swiss has a nice carbon fork. I;m not knocking Surly though, I've heard good things about them as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.