Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I race mostly hardpack conditions that are not very technical. I weigh about 165 pounds and want to lighten up the front end of the bike. I ride a GF Rig that currently has a Reba fork on it. I am looking for a rigid fork for racing only.

If you were me and had about $300 to spend, what would you be considering?

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
Or consider a pre-order on an On-One carbon fork; seems like they were like $240 or something, plus they have a bit more rake:thumbsup: .

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've been using a Niner fork on my Rig and find it to be...well...ridged. I have no worries of failure and can hit any terrain without concern for it's durability. I'm pretty light (165) and it is "active" but not nearly as active as say the pace.
It's quite inexpensive and does not impress your buddies but does everything a ridged fork is supposed to do without compromise. Oh yea it's quite lite too.
I like it so much I'm going to put another one on my geared 29er.

·
Bikeoholic
537 Posts
another for pace RC29

with at $300.00 budget I'm not 100% sure you can get your hands on a custom Ti but if you could I might go that route...

Ok following a little internet research I'm pretty sure you can't get a custom Ti fork for that budget in which case I'd get a Pace Carbon... or on one or bontrager....

I think the jury is still out on the on-one and the switchblade. However, I can tell you from personal experience as I own a RC29, that it is an excellent fork. I'm sitting around 190 (if I'm lucky) and it rides extremely well. I mean there is some flex, but it is good predictable shock absorbing flex.

Now then on to why I would suggest a Ti instead. I guess its just because I'm somewhat worried about crashing and damaging the fork. I really have no basis for this worry, as I haven't actually seen any evidence of anyone maring a carbon fork to the point it couldn't be ridden... maybe I'm just paranoid...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.