Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"that guy"
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!
I'm working on a project for my Computer Aided Product Creation class (aka machine something awesome on the cnc mill). I've decided to make a custom fork for the custom frame that I built about a year ago (this thread). Because of time constraints, I'll be machining only the fork crown that I hope to use with existing dropouts and carbon blades. Those dropouts and blades just don't happen to exist in my possession yet. After contacting every carbon fork manufacturer I could find, I found out that these parts aren't available as separates unfortunately since everything is made in Taiwan.
This is where you come in. I'm calling out to anyone who has an extra 29er carbon bladed fork of any kind. I would love to buy it off of you at a hopefully low price so I can dismember it only to heal it again with a better, prettier, more custom crown. Thanks for the help. Long live 29ers.

*a few renderings of my early design

·
"that guy"
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion.Been there already.
I'd love to machine dropouts too but I have limited machine access and time. I love bikes but I can't completely forget about my other classes. Cell Mechanics needs some love too.
I just thought I'd get the word out to every channel possible and just maybe there would be a benevolent 29er friend out there somewhere.

·
Plays with tools
4,646 Posts
there are several places online that sell raw carbon tubes, the guys at Enve will help you out as well. You could use some Paragon wright style dropouts and weld some sockets onto them for the other end. Keeps you from cutting apart a perfectly good fork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts