Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone riding rigid up front on there lizards? if so, how do you like it? what fork are you running? what kind of riding do you do?

·
Registered
868 Posts
J.N. said:
anyone riding rigid up front on there lizards? if so, how do you like it? what fork are you running? what kind of riding do you do?
I'm using a Surly Instigator fork. I did a lot of looking and comparing when I was looking and I love the Chameleon with it. It is suspenstion corrected for a 100mm travel fork. It isn't the lightest rigid, but it is lighter than most suspension forks out there. It is also pretty cheap, fits a big tire if needed, has both v and disc mounts and the build quality is decent.

You can also consider surly's 1x1 fork if you are looking for xc race geometry, but I really like they way the instigator fits the chameleon.

https://www.surlybikes.com/forks/Instigator_pop.html

Some people have used the Karate Monkey or other 29in rigids, but I don't think that it's the way to go. They are too long and you can't use the brake bosses if you run a 26in wheel.

·
I like endos
493 Posts
[\QUOTE] Some people have used the Karate Monkey or other 29in rigids, but I don't think that it's the way to go. They are too long and you can't use the brake bosses if you run a 26in wheel.[/QUOTE]

Plus with the chameleon and the instigator you can still easily run a 29" front wheel, a great idea with a full rigid, btw. I'm building mine right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
J.N. said:
Here is my Stiff Lizzy, and i must say she's perdy. Working real good, and my
riding has mostly been on rocky singletracks around Oslo city. She is quick handling,
and won't say no no no... to a steep climbing.
In fact, the only negative thing that comes to my mind, is that rocky sections are slower
on this little lady... But who's in a hurry!

Joarc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a chameleon with a instigator fork, and I would want to run huge tires. What is the largest tire that fits in the rear? Why is a 29 inch front tire better than a 26 on full rigid?
I'd be riding the bike on rocky and rooty trails, and taking jumps and drops, so I'm not sure if no suspension is the "best" idea, but it is cheaper and more awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts