Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just make sure you do some single-arm bike curls and close grip tricep pushups before you hit the trail! You're gonna want to get a sweet pump before going sleeveless! At least 2 sets to failure each! ......."Sweet, you guys, I'm so big I can't fit through the trail!...... Beefcake,.. BEEFCAKE!" -Cartman

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
obviously your guns have been out, op. what did the ladies tell you? you know the answer to this question then

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
obviously your guns have been out, op. what did the ladies tell you? you know the answer to this question then
I've never wore a sleeveless jersey myself hence the post but I would imagine my sweet post-winter farmer's tan would be cringe-worthy...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
pretty lame in my opinion. It's biking, not basketball. I see no benefit to them as opposed to a lightweight short sleeve jersey, and a whole bunch of negatives if you are about to wreck. Especially bad if you've got hairy pits. Don King in a headlock.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Lets be real here... really, of the hard core riders on this forum, who even wears a jersey? DUH?
Rock the natural sweater vest if you've got it is what I say.
:).
Back when I was young and had a bit of gun going on, I never felt the need to display 'em... now that I'm older and realize I will likely never have guns again... I say if you've got 'em, do what you're comfortable with. It's the same as the ladies, I've seen some dolled up like Lara Croft out on the trail... others, not so much.
Vanity is part of what makes the world go 'round.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
As often as my shoulders brush tree trunks, and jagger brush, I wouldn't want bare skin!

·
> /dev/null 2&>1
3,824 Posts
As often as my shoulders brush tree trunks, and jagger brush, I wouldn't want bare skin!
No no no, you're thinking about this all wrong. Yes the shoulders hit trees/brush. Then by the end of the ride, I look like Schwarzenegger at the end of Predator. Well, a little skinnier maybe. OK a lot skinnier. But still. Then I go to straight to work. With a thick layer of mud on my skin so that I can't be seen by Predator's infrared eyes.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
LOL ~ looking at a MTB mag yesterday and a pic of this hairless rider dolled up in rodie lycra on a MTB. Eewww my eyes..this dude has skin with zero hair LOL pastey

I'm a thrash rider so I have to cover up....

·
Registered
444 Posts
Only if you have some kick-ass tribal bands.

Can always wear the forearm compression sleeves if you need to cover up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Trailhead Poseur
506 Posts
LOL ~ looking at a MTB mag yesterday and a pic of this hairless rider dolled up in rodie lycra on a MTB. Eewww my eyes..this dude has skin with zero hair LOL pastey

I'm a thrash rider so I have to cover up....
Don't knock shaving, it takes away something for the ticks to grab onto...

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Yeah well...too weird for me! I'm not a hariy fella so maybe some of you furry fellas need to worry about that. Plus when I'm in tick/mosquito territory I spray on the OFF and have a travle size tube in my pack.
Shaving is for girls :p and rodies LOL

·
_____
381 Posts
I wear sleeveless in the summer to stay cool, but my riding environment is a little harsh here in Phoenix, Arizona. I usually ride late afternoon to sunset when temperatures are anywhere between 105 - 115 degrees. I have found I stay much cooler wearing sleeveless verses sleeves. I don't worry about how I look, there aren't too many people on the trail in the middle of summer anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts