Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When coasting, what pedal/leg do you guys put in front. I personally put my left pedal/leg in front.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I ride right foot forward. On a skateboard I was right foot in front and left in back. I've never ridden a snowboard but would do it the same way.

·
Registered
16,905 Posts
I'm comfortable with either foot in front. I grew up being more comfortable with my left foot forward but after some practice I can now swing both ways. If I'm on a trail with switchbacks then I try to have my outside foot forward so that I can open my hips into the turn.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sometimes I mess around and ride with my left foot forward even though it doesn't feel "correct" just to make myself do it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I moved my cranks so they both point the same direction. So both or neither depending on where I am in the pedal stroke.

But seriously, depends on which way I am turning or plan to turn, the opposite side is down, I'm ambi with the feet and hands so whatever feels good is forward.

-Paul

• Haha
Reactions: stripes and Nat

·
No known cure
4,572 Posts
Switchfoot on the bike, regular foot on all boardsports and batter's box.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The responses are interesting.. I thought regular foot (left forward) or goofy foot (right forward) would carry over from bike to (skate)board, but the responses say otherwise. Good to know.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I’m usually left foot in front on my acoustic crank bikes. Both feet forward on my dropper crank downcountry bike
I wear two left shoes on trails that are mostly clockwise, and two right shoes on counter clockwise. Thataway, whichever foot is forward, or not, it’s always correct, depending on which way I’m turning.
See what I mean?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts