Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a trainer for my (Gasp) road bike - Cycleops fluid 2, Felt F75 and no matter what I do, the bike is leaning to the right. I've tried it in diff parts of the house, so i know it's not the floor, and I've taken the bike off, and put it on agian. Besides shimming the Right rear support arm, does anyone have any suggestions, or any experience with this same prob?

Thanks

·
Geaux ride!
160 Posts
Sounds like something simply isn't level to me. I know you said you tried it in different parts of the house, but I would actually check with a bubble level to see.

Only other thing I can think of is the tire/wheel is not true.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CajunAg08 said:
Only other thing I can think of is the tire/wheel is not true.
Brand new bike, not the prob.

I got on cycleops website after my 1st post, and saw they reccomend using their skewer, the lever on mine is much bigger, and I have it facing verticle. I'm going to try moving the lever so it's horizontal, and see if that fixes the problem.

Oh yeah, it's the magnetic trainer, not the fluid, I don't know where I got that from.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I moved the skewer lever, and no change. A 1/4" piece of MDF under the right leg solved the problem though.

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,590 Posts
My Cycleops Mag did the same thing all the time. It was a big PITA. The only thing I noticed that changed it was how the QR lever was positioned. A 10 degree difference would make a big difference. I now have a Kurt with a much better clamping system and the bike is straight. The Kurt also came with a QR for the trainer, which works well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts