Votes: 121 61.7%
  • Does not matter. Either foot forward is totally fine with me

Votes: 20 10.2%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering whether whether you favour your left foot, or right foot forward when standing up on the pedals in attack position.

Or are you totally fine with either foot forward and don't really care which foot is forward at any point of time.

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,184 Posts
I'm right handed but snowboard and skateboard goofy and typically prefer L forward on the pedals for attaccckkkk if feasible.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Never thought about it, but im right handed and i lead with my right foot. Sometimes though, I lock out my left leg and have the left pedal in the down position while my right knee is bent with the pedal in the up position. But i suppose that is more for coasting, not in an aggressive "attack" position.

·
Registered
923 Posts
On the bike I seem to naturally lead with my right but I do alternate to keep from getting tired out sooner. On a skateboard I lead with the left, push with the right. I'm right-handed so that makes sense to me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I do both, but while at rays mtb park figured out I prefer the left foot. when I wasnt thinking about it, I always went at a ramp left foot forward. also, Im right handed, but ride a skate board goofy foot.

·
Registered
816 Posts
edubfromktown said:
I'm right handed but snowboard and skateboard goofy and typically prefer L forward on the pedals for attaccckkkk if feasible.
I'm the same way..have always been right handed, ride goofy on boards...but lefty first on bikes.

However the last few rides I've been forcing myself into going right foot forward...after just a few rides I've found that I already default to right foot forward now. We'll see how that plays out when downhill season starts...a different footing has always thrown jumping balance out of whack for me.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
edubfromktown said:
Wouldn't goofy be right foot forward?

Regular foot skating, surfing, and snowboarding so feel most comfortable with my left foot forward...though I've learned to alternate.

·
Registered
140 Posts
mtnbiker72 said:

Regular foot skating, surfing, and snowboarding so feel most comfortable with my left foot forward...though I've learned to alternate.
actually your right. been a while since I been on a board. but yeah, right foot forward is goofy foot, and thats the way I did it. kicking with my left foot.

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,184 Posts
mtnbiker72 said:

Yes... right foot forward. I can go L first, but I prefer the right foot on boards though I prefer L pedal first on bicycles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I get on Left, attack position with Left forward, and get off Left. Am right handed, but kick a ball with my left. I do get on and off on the right from time to time but there is some sort of wacky muscle memory going on in my head, and it always feels awkward to me. Does anyone else know what I mean?..

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,591 Posts
Is it Right Foot left handed and Left foot right handed? I try to use my left foot (I am left handed), but when I concentrate on riding, my right comes forward.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.