Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
960 Posts
bikenut316 said:
I am thinking of purchasing a Rig to build some strength through single speeding. I have a Superfly and was wondering if the rig frame is a much harsher ride.
I wouldnt call it harsher,you can feel the differance...but its not enough to stop you from doing a rig build at half the price.I ride a rig (and love it),niner air9 & a mamasitas and really dig all of them :thumbsup:

·
Registered
312 Posts
i really really liked the rig...i cant compare it to CF..but it was noticeably stiffer than my brothers steel On One.

mine ended up cracking and im in the warranty process now, hopefully ill get the ferrous frame now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have both the Rig and Superfly, myself just getting the Rig as you are considering. The thing I noticed right away, and like, is the consistent handling between the 2 bikes. This is what one expects, as they both read identically in G2 specs.

The one thing I haven't figured out how to deal with WRT geometry is the difference in geometry introduced by the EBB on the Rig. Definitely changes the geometry, so I'll have to deal with that if I want both bikes to match geometry-wise.

But other than that, I don't notice the Rig being harsher than the Superfly. Somewhat different as you would expect between carbon and aluminum, but the consistency in geometry far overshadows these differences.

For reference my previous SS was a Spot Steel frame (Longboard) and it definitely handled much different than the Superfly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
9-18 Fast said:
rkappius, which do you like better the Rig or the spot? I have a Rig now and had thought about getting a Spot, but I love the Rig and cant see myself getting a bike that rides better.
Haven't gotten enough time on the Rig to say for sure, but I do like how well the Rig matches the Superfly. The Spot Longboard rides more like a mac truck vs. the WRX ride of the rig and superfly. For those days you just want to put in cruise control, the Spot was lots of fun.

Honestly, I'm not the best at answering the question, because I don't think I've ever met a bike I didn't like. Kind of like the addage "There is no such thing as bad weather; only different kinds of weather." That's how I feel about bikes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have both an 08 Rig and an 08 Superfly.

Rig is not much harsher.

These are extremely complementary bikes.

The problem now is that the Rig gets all the love, while the Superfly is sitting on the wall.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Kush, I'm finding that I'm having the same problem. I can now ride all the local trails on the Rig and don't really need the gears of the Superfly anymore. I've also found that they handle almost exactly the same and the Rig is really not a harsh ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.