Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
gerry said:
okay i've narrowed it down to two......Gary fisher rig or redline flight monocog 29er.

Which way do i go ?

Gerry
not that one is better than the other, but everyone that i know that has had a rig, has looked for another bike, and ended up getting a new bike... and the guys that i know that have the flights love'em....

could be coincidence, i don't know, maybe, make your own choice, whats going to fit you better?

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
Nonracerrichie said:
I just saw the Redline yesterday. Great looking bike. You may want to ask yourself steel or alu or ebb or sliders. For me its steel and sliders every time. Just simple.
No kidding. The rig is no steel SS. Is one bike better than the other? Most certainly.

·
Duckin' Fonuts.
297 Posts
As a former shop owner and bike nut this is my favorite question. The answer is I have no idea. Better for what? What is your definition of better? They are for all intents and purposes nearly identical. I don't like purple therefore the Redline is better. I have seen numerous pics of the Fisher cracked at the seat tube area, the Redline is unproven here but steel generally has less crack faliures throughout history, nod to the Redline. Forks...I hate and don't need suspension, nod Redline. EBBs will change the distance from the saddle to the pedals when you switch gears, I am sensitive to that change and don't want to monkey with seat height once I get it set. Redline again. Redline had normal 32 hole wheels not low spoke count paired stuff. Guess what. Redline. I am not emotional chosing stems, posts or bars. Both seats don't work for me. I would give the nod to the GF on the crank. It is a newer design. But I also have a crank I would put on the Redline. Both brakes are identical. Tires are tires I ride them and wear them out. So the Redline is clearly better for me but better is subjective. See. If you want ligher and suspension...or the wheels look cool...hate green and like purple...

Bikes handle differently in many case too but after a bunch of years it is just nuance to me. I get used to handling. You may not. I am also built normal and fit production bikes easily with out any weird parts or adjustments.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Go Flight

While I was waiting on my flight to arrive, my LBS had a rig in its rental line up.
I used it for some short rides and even a full camping fat tire fest weekend. It was a solid well built bike. nothing fancy nothing great sticks in my mind.
I now have my flight. EVERY part on it rocks!! Ride is awsome, color is kick butt, sliders look sharp,perfect cable guides and etc...
I did put on a reba simply because i bid and won @ a low price. clearance and what not are fine. Any other questions?
jim

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.