Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
mrbiggel77 said:
Ordering Parts for my Rig which will come in soon, what is the seatpost diameter for the Rigs?
I have to ask: Why change the stock post? It is a good design and weighs about the same as a Thomson. It does not have much resale value but it will get the job done until/if it fails.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Agreed. I replaced mine and it was a low bang for the buck "upgrade".

Headset and wheels are a good place to start with upgrades for the Rig. After that, I would lose the ISIS BB crankset before the BB fails.

shiggy said:
I have to ask: Why change the stock post? It is a good design and weighs about the same as a Thomson. It does not have much resale value but it will get the job done until/if it fails.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My 06 Rig has a Cane Creek S-1 headset. Is that so bad? I've always been happy with CC headsets and this one seems fine so far (5-6 days riding).

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I was thinking of the headset that came on the '05, it was a real work of art ;)

jja said:
My 06 Rig has a Cane Creek S-1 headset. Is that so bad? I've always been happy with CC headsets and this one seems fine so far (5-6 days riding).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
while i agree there is nothing wrong with the stock seatpost, i am upgrading the majority of the parts on the rig while it is new and i can just trade them in and discount it to the new parts (i work in a bike shop, so that is easy enough). pretty much the only thing im leaving stock on the bike is the bb7s and that is since i am in college and the shop i work at is at home. the mechs are just easier to work on then hydraulics in your dorm room.

·
Registered
385 Posts
bigdrunk said:
Agreed. I replaced mine and it was a low bang for the buck "upgrade".

Headset and wheels are a good place to start with upgrades for the Rig. After that, I would lose the ISIS BB crankset before the BB fails.

So Far the only things I replaced on my '05 Rig are the HS, stem/handle bar, seat, pedals, seat post collar and rear cog/lock ring (all 'cept HS were for personal preference). The stock wheels/hubs and BB/cranks have held up just fine so far and I ride the piss outta the bike (but I do pay attention to them). I really like the Bonty rims, but the hubs leave a lot to be desired, but until they fail, I will ride them. Stock post is holding up fine so far also. Looks kinda crappy, but it is fairly light and does the job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts