Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Feet back and spread 'em!
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me out guys. My LBS has been quoting me $800 for the rig for several months. Now I'm ready to order and he's saying it's $1000. Is he trying to screw me or was he just giving me old pricing before? He's saying the rep told him it's because they added the Reba, but the Reba's been on there for months on the website. Fisherguy, you online today? ?

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
bikecop said:
Help me out guys. My LBS has been quoting me $800 for the rig for several months. Now I'm ready to order and he's saying it's $1000. Is he trying to screw me or was he just giving me old pricing before? He's saying the rep told him it's because they added the Reba, but the Reba's been on there for months on the website. Fisherguy, you online today? ?
1000 is a good deal. 799 was last fall when it was supposed to have rigid fork.

·
I like bikes
480 Posts
Ouch!

bikecop said:
$1,000 is full pop retail. I purchased mine two months ago for $900 when they were hot hot hot! My LBS currently has three on the floor marked down. I think $950 not sure. I think your shop should give you a better price for the fact that they will not be carrying the inventory on their books. You pay a deposit in advance and they give you a good price. :)

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
bikecop said:
Sounds like your LBS didn't stay on the ball with the changes on the Rig's setup. I'm sure the $800 quote was based on the rigid fork. If they quoted you that price after they added the Reba that's their fault, but I highly doubt they are trying to screw you. I doubt you'll be able to get them to honor their earlier quote though, because I have yet to hear of a single person getting a Rig from their LBS for that price. It's probably well below dealer cost.

In any event, this is between you and your LBS. Maybe you can get them to knock the price down a little bit or throw in some accessories, but that's about it.

·
Feet back and spread 'em!
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
workin' it

In any event, this is between you and your LBS. Maybe you can get them to knock the price down a little bit or throw in some accessories, but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

I was shooting for a discount Thud, but no bites. damn low margin businesses.
anyway, the Rig is on order! Yippeee!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.