Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Feet back and spread 'em!
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rig's on the way. I'm sure I'm gonna want to change rear cogs, and looking at the bontrager website, it looks like a small cassette-sort of setup, not a thread on BMX style.
Two Questions: What cogs fit this hub? What tool removes the lockring? Gimme a Park tool number if you have it. thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
bikecop said:
My Rig's on the way. I'm sure I'm gonna want to change rear cogs, and looking at the bontrager website, it looks like a small cassette-sort of setup, not a thread on BMX style.
Two Questions: What cogs fit this hub? What tool removes the lockring? Gimme a Park tool number if you have it. thanks.
Any Shimano BMX cog will work. It is a steel freewheel body so no need to be concerned about the cog digging into the hub body.

You can remove the lockring with a pair of Channel locks which is kinda ugly or get any type of spanner wrench to remove it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What cogs fit this hub?

Any old cassette cogs, Chris King, Endless, Boone.

What tool removes the lockring?

Hook ring spanner wrench, I use a hozan.

Additional unasked for info

1, Lock ring is aluminum, and a bit soft. I have had some problems with it coming loose on the trail (once)
2, 16 clicks in freehub = ~ 5.7" of movement per click at the planet. some times I only get 15 clicks at that time ~ 11.4" of lost drive is a eye opener.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.