Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
you might be able to build it a little cheaper (maybe) but for half price of a new one... i couldn't. i didn't use any bling bling parts but i had to buy most of the parts new.
i guess it depends on how many used parts you have kickin around that will fit on a 29. the only thing i had that would work was a king headset and a set of bars and a saddle. i needed to buy rims , tires, tubes, bb, i got a new LX crankset cheap, 32 t chainring, shorter stem,post,discs. i also have a new rigid fork coming that is 470mm c to a.
good luck, seems to be a nice bike, can't wait to ride it.

·
hispanic mechanic
2,696 Posts
'Bout dang time...

noslogan said:
I hope. Coming from Bend. It is used so, maybe I can get away with building for half price.
Can I build it for less than a new one? :D
Suuuure. I leave Sandy Eggo, and now everyone's getting on the 29" train.
Thanks guys. Thanks a lot.

:D
the los

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,208 Posts
Los!

sslos said:
Suuuure. I leave Sandy Eggo, and now everyone's getting on the 29" train.
Thanks guys. Thanks a lot.

:D
the los
Erik: I got this one, Man.

Los:

We are only doing the big wheels in an attempt to be like you. Ever since you left us...there has been this huge void. The transition to big hoops is in your honor and our way of saying we miss your antics.

Aquaholic

PS Erik: Good call on the Rig! Perfect reverse shuttle machine!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cloxxki said:
rlb, what fork is that? Just wondering if it's something new.
I'm not sure if its a new offering or not. I found it on Bikeman.com. It is a Chris Igleheart steel fork. I went to my LBS and the mechanic there who was sponsered by Fat Chance for years said that Chris used to work for Fat. I don't know if this is true but that is why I decided on this fork. Fat Chance frames and forks were awesome IMO. I trust the LBS dudes they have very rarley steered me wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.