Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on how to find parts for a FIsher Rig EBB? I want to carry extra metal parts for the EBB when doing epics and changing cogs. I've heard of them getting stripped and then you are totally screwed! The tightening bolts and wedge plus the outside screw that is used to tighten against.
Can buy an entire new EBB but that seems silly when all I want are the metal parts.
Thanks - Jerry in Tucson:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wow! I mean... do you carry extra axles, quick releases, headset parts, nipples, spokes? Perhaps a few cartridge bearings, ball bearings and maybe a rim or two?
You are one hell of a boy scout!:thumbsup:
I guess it's as plausible to break one of those items as easily as the EBB but hey, if your gonna buy 2/3 of the EBB might as well have the whole thing...Right! I mean, just in case ya know! :D

It's funny though that the only time I've broken stupid parts that no one would carry, were during 60+mile races. (a rear QR and a Thompson seat post bolt, fixed with pliers on my multitool and duck tape respectively)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nuts and bolts

I put two cogs on the freewheel (18 and 22). Use the 18 for most riding but need the 22 for extreme climbs, which we have a lot of here. This means using the eccentric 2-3 times on a 40-60 mile ride. The little metal screws and bolts in the eccentric need to be tightened pretty damn tight. I have seen people strip them (doesn't take that much). If you are say, 20 miles from the friggin vehicle, it seems logical to carry a part that weights 20 grams, especially if it is a part that may easily get _ucked up.
Not a boy scout, just have a ton of experience being way, way away from help.
Jerry

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sorry, just being a wisecracker:) . It is only ONE bolt need touching to adjust the EBB on the Rig though. That, and it is a steel 6mm bolt going into a steel wedge it would seem a bit hamfisted to break it or strip it.
But what can be done will!
Unless you are aware of some other EBB that will fit ( I"ve checked for a lighter version, none) you'll most likely have to order a complete unit from your Fisher dealer and carry what you need .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.