Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the most common threads I see here are threads about getting your significant other interested in MTB. I can understand wanting to get (s)he involved in something you are enthusiastic about, but some people seem really upset when their SO have no interest in MTB. What's the big deal? Seems to me it's not such a bad thing to have different hobbies.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
works for us

I think one of the biggest strengths of my marriage is that we feel completely free to do separate things. My wife rides mtbs and while she likes it almost as much as me (and she's liking it more each year) she usually only comes along for about half or 2/3 of my rides. During snowboard/ski season I only see her on evenings during the weekends just about all season long. She'll ski with me occasionally (NEVER in the BC though) but there's a huge gap in our abilities - although she's made huge progress this season.

On the other hand I stopped running with her about 5 years ago. She goes to the gym a lot because she can get there on her lunch break. I go after work during the non-bike season and only very seldom go with her on a weekend. We're both getting into canoeing but I can already tell I like it more than her (I can go solo on flat water in calm winds).

Trying to turn either of us into a clone of the other would make one or both of us pretty unhappy. We love talking to each other about what a great day we had when we get back together after our seperate outings. I think people who don't give each other that space are being unrealistic and perhaps untrusting/paranoid, and insecure.

·
Bent, not broken.
234 Posts
The problem isn't getting her to ride...

Its convincing her I need to spend the weekend working on my truck or on the house instead of riding thats the problem.

Our first date was a century, 2nd date was a century, 3rd date we went DHing at Mt Snow.... Getting her to ride isn't the issue...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does she have a sister?

Twilight Error said:
Its convincing her I need to spend the weekend working on my truck or on the house instead of riding thats the problem.

Our first date was a century, 2nd date was a century, 3rd date we went DHing at Mt Snow.... Getting her to ride isn't the issue...
Ooohhh, so does she have a sister???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.