Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
grass widows that is. Went out solo today: part of me had forgotten how much riding is the medicine I need. Really, I've been in kind of a funk lately, all the club stuff is a lot of work, work is a lot of work.... So off to the trails at the state park. It's mostly easy single track which means you can ride FAST and double track so you can knock off a lot of miles in a hour. The grass widows are the first real flower of spring. I started above the river, rode down into the canyon for four miles of river side single track, and then hit the double track and snippets of singletrack back for a 10 mile loop. Ah.......

formica

Attachments

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, a local ride. The trail head is about 10 miles from my house, and there's about 75 miles of trail there. It's my favorite place to go for a fast fun easy ride ( 12 miles in a hour) or to take beginners, or just a mixed group when you want to make sure everyone has a good time.

The North end of the park is a bit different because you get up on some bluffs and away from the river, I'll post pics of that later. But here's a nice view of where all those other pics were taken:

~formica

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
screampint said:
Very nice pictures. Does the middle shot show a bridge across the river?

The trail and scenery look so inviting, thanks for the post. Nothing like fast, fun singletrack to chase the funk out of the system.
good eye! yes, theres a great suspension bridge ( must walk bikes) over one of the rapids down there. I rarely go that way, I guess I should and take some pics, eh?

~formica

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.