Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went for a ride with my kid today. May parents are in town visitng, so I took my dad and kids to Marshall Mesa. He took my younger one on a short hike and I took the older one on a patrol loop. I think he's ready to try some clips.

By the way... Anyone else having allergy problems? I haven't had it this bad since living in NJ. The moisture is killing me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice pics! Which trails are these from? They look like what I'd like to take my daughter on. She is pretty new and I don't want to intimidate her. We went up one trail (can't remember the name) in Superior at the end of Coalton and the climb up was a bit overwhelming for her at this point.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mem7759 said:
Nice pics! Which trails are these from? They look like what I'd like to take my daughter on. She is pretty new and I don't want to intimidate her. We went up one trail (can't remember the name) in Superior at the end of Coalton and the climb up was a bit overwhelming for her at this point.
Same place, just across 93. It was Flat Iron Vista down to Dowdy Draw, back across the street and Green Belt.

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
Love that last pic of your kid holding the bikes. And I've never had allergies till this year. My eyes feel like I throw a daily dose of sand and salt into them. I was on top of Mt. Falcon a few weeks ago, at the ruins, and my nose turned on like a faucet. Fun stuff!

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xcguy said:
Love that last pic of your kid holding the bikes. And I've never had allergies till this year. My eyes feel like I throw a daily dose of sand and salt into them. I was on top of Mt. Falcon a few weeks ago, at the ruins, and my nose turned on like a faucet. Fun stuff!
Thanks.

Yeah, I always hear that CO will be beach front property someday. Judging from the humidity lately, it's happening sooner than later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
nice pics. I have had allergies since I moved here but a few years ago I discovered depo-medrol. Go to your doctor and get a shot when you start having symptoms. It lasts 6-8 weeks and I haven't taken a claritin since I got mine.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
comtbguy said:
nice pics. I have had allergies since I moved here but a few years ago I discovered depo-medrol. Go to your doctor and get a shot when you start having symptoms. It lasts 6-8 weeks and I haven't taken a claritin since I got mine.
Ah! I used to get that every year in New Jersey. This is the first year I have had an allergy out here. Great shot! That's the big needle in the Gluteus maximus, right?

·
hehe ...you said "member"
1,121 Posts
Love the pics - mine are younger and just getting used to the flat single track at Bear Creek Lake Park. Can't wait til they're ready for for some more grade change!

On the allergies: it's been worse this year for most due to the above average rainfall (which has made things absolutely beautiful ... as evidenced by schnauzers' pictures) and I've had to "step things up" with a number of patients. On the depo-medrol, it's a pretty "big gun" for allergies, and not without risk. Typically something reserved for only the most serious of cases. If you go to your doc asking for it, don't be supprised if they decline and offer a number of other options first.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jake7 said:
Love the pics - mine are younger and just getting used to the flat single track at Bear Creek Lake Park. Can't wait til they're ready for for some more grade change!

On the allergies: it's been worse this year for most due to the above average rainfall (which has made things absolutely beautiful ... as evidenced by schnauzers' pictures) and I've had to "step things up" with a number of patients. On the depo-medrol, it's a pretty "big gun" for allergies, and not without risk. Typically something reserved for only the most serious of cases. If you go to your doc asking for it, don't be supprised if they decline and offer a number of other options first.
Thanks for the +++ on the pics.

The Doc I used to have in NJ was a pusher. The kind where you walk in or call and tell them what is wrong with you. A minute later you come out with a drug to cure it. Still looking for one of those out here. :) It's not that bad. I suffer from two things, frequent sinus infections (Levaquin) and insomnia (Ambien). Claratin seems to be handling the itchy nose for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts