Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to ride solo but I seldom ride alone.

On a dripping hot afternoon, I heard a voice as I was climbing. I figured someone wanted to pass and if they took the trouble to announce their intentions, they must be my age. Pulling to the right and looking back I saw a wraith like figure trying to catch up. He looked older then me.

He shouted "Only Mad Dogs and Englishmen Go Out in the Mid Day Sun, why are you here?" I yelled back, "I bloody well have enough English blood in my veins to be here and what does a Kipling quote have to do with it?"

"Kipling? That newspaper hack?" His phantasmagorical legs spun wildly as he overtook me. "What's wrong with Kipling?" I wondered. "Damn it all, Kipling gets the credit these days but I wrote them and the song of the same title in 1931!"

"Who are you anyway?" I asked. "Noel Coward, that's who. Go ahead and Google it when you get out of here and tell Alexa to play 'Mad Dogs and Englishmen' by Noel Coward too." With that he pasted and the last I heard from him was "God Save the Queen..."

So no matter how old you are, if you have imagination, you will never ride alone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.